Sunday, December 03, 2006

12/3/06 Auctions of Note

Happy Holidays! Tis the season to be CoCoing, so let's get right to the good stuff!

Auctions of Note for December 3rd, 2006:


TRS-80 TRS80 Tandy Color Computer Coco MultiPak 26-3024

Here's a 26-3024 MPI. Would probably need some work (and an upgrade to work with the CoCo 3), but have a look if you're in a fixin' mood. If you can get it working, might be good for a repak or mod.

TRS-80 TRS80 Tandy Color Computer Coco Disk System

An FD-501 with the manual and controller. Always handy to have.

TRS-80 TRS80 Tandy CM-8 CM8 Color Computer Monitor Coco

A CM-8 shown working. Not the best CoCo monitor, but it certainly does the job. A working one is fairly collectible as well. I've never seen one of these mint or Very Fine. This one looks to be in good condition, but is missing it's flip down door that covers the controls. Silly thing always breaks off anyway if you don't have the (exceedingly rare) stand. A stuck mine hanging of the edge of a big reference book to give it enough clearance.

Radio Shack TRS-80 Color Computer 2 in box EXTRAS GAMES

Potentially collectible CoCo 2 with the manuals, box and a few extra trimmings. The price is certainly right. Be sure to ask for memory, BASIC version and model number, if you're looking for a particular configuration. (By the way, that shipping is pretty close to what it actually costs to ship a CoCo 2 or 3. I won't list the price because it'll vary depending on where you're at, but that's about right for approximately 8 or 9 lbs in the U.S. Priority is a little more.)

Radio Shack Boxed TRS-80 Color Computer

Another one. Again, no model number or configuration info listed, so ask if needed. And again, the shipping about right for Parcel Post.


Tandy Color Computer 3 Complete W/ 5 Games COCO TRS-80


This appears to be a complete CoCo 3 with all the manuals, plus an extra set. Looks a bit yellowed from the picture but that may be correctable. Complete CoCo 3s like this are getting a bit rarer these days.

ACTIVISION SHANGHAI GAME-USE W/ TANDY COLOR COMP. 128K

Mislisted Shanghai at a good price. Great game on a suped up monitor, too!

Complete CoCo 1 from the U.K. Also includes Dinowars (annoying Rock 'em Sock 'em Robots clone that is surprisingly hard to stop playing. RAAAA! RAAARAAA!)

What I'm watching...

Thought I'd occasionally list what I'm watching on eBay with some comments as to why. Feel free to share yours as well. :)



I don't have a 10er yet. I remember getting one in... er... 83, I think. It was great because I considered it a portable CoCo. Rode all the way to Radio Shack (about 3 miles) on my bike, bought it with my paper route money, and rode all the way back with it balanced on the handle bars. Never did a whole lot with it, but it was fun to to "take the CoCo with me" when we went to visit relatives and such. Anyhow, I'm watching this one because it looks pretty complete and would make a nice addition to the collection. Problem is, I haven't gotten to a point where I can justify too much for one. So, when a complete one comes up, I watch it.



Just watching this one because it's obviously rare and odd. I like odd CoCo stuff. :)



I always need another CoCo 3. When one comes up with reasonable shipping and a low starting bid I always watch them. In the last two years I've only scored two this way, but both were under US$20.00. Even busted ones are terribly handy for parts. This one actually comes with the manuals and the original box, so I suspect it'll go a for a bit. But it doesn't hurt to watch it. :)

Angel's Luck,
Capt.

powered by
performancing firefox

No comments: