Friday, March 30, 2007

The Watchdog Biteth... :)

Well, Since Cris mentioned it, I'll start off with this one:



NIB Tandy Color Computer 2 - RARE



Okay, as much of a fan as I am of the CoCo, no CoCo2 by itself is worth this. I have two that I didn't pay more than $12 each for. Granted, they were not boxed. I'd say maybe $30-$35 for a NIB CoCo2. $75.00 is in the range of 512k CoCo3. That is all.





Tandy 128K Color Computer 3 w/Original Box and Manual



Here's one I'm keeping an eye on myself. Looks to be a decent semi-complete CoCo3 system If you sole purpose is collection, this one may not be for you as Cris mentioned, it appears to have no cables. Myself, I'd buy it in a heartbeat...



RadioShack TRS-80 Color Computer II, 16 K with Magazine



The $5 starting bid is okay. The box is ratty as hades, and, his shipping prices seem a little high. I got a CoCO3 and MPI sent to me last year for less than his Priority mail price. If you can swallow the shipping, then the price is good. However, this one is far from collectible.



And in other news...



Yeah, Cris is right again. I pretty much prefer usable stuff. I'll buy collectible if the price is right (meaning if Cris isn't around trying to bid on it as well :p ). But, since I like to do repacks, I do not want to mess with the pristine equipment. I'd prefer scuffs, nicks and scratches since I'll be gutting the computer anyway. Now keep in mind, if I do come across a collectible piece, it stays that way. I've got a pristine FD-502 still in it's box. That's where it'll stay...



Speaking of repacks... what does a CoCo3 + THIS  equal? Stay tuned, it might just happen... :)



Later, (B)













Powered by ScribeFire.

No comments: